National Constitution Center Conferences is hosting a live audio conference titled, "Patent Basics: Demystifying the Patent Process for Every Lawyer" on August 22, 2007.
Patents can be confusing, and they are the Rolls Royce of protection in terms of cost, yet are they worth it? And does it take a specialist to obtain one? Join us for this live, 60-minute audio conference where we will demystify the patent process.
- How to Get a Patent and What Does it Really Cost?
- Can you prove it? Proof of invention and the patentability search
- Straight-forward explanation of the Patent Application process
- What are "provisional patents" and how much do they protect?
- What Exactly is Protected By a Patent?
- Do you have something that can be patented?
- Utility, Design and Plant Patents: What you need to know
- What are "business method" patents?
- Your Patent Investment: How to Protect it and Maximize its Value
- How to capitalize on the patent: Patent licenses and other options
- Damages in Patent Litigation: What's at stake?
- What you need to know about Foreign Patent rights
- LIVE Question and Answer Session - Have Your Patent Questions Answered!
The speaker for the program is Alan G. Towner, a partner with Pietragallo Bosick & Gordon LLP. He is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Mr. Towner has practiced in all phases of patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret law. Program details and registration are available here.